Copyrights @ Journal 2014 - Designed By Templateism - SEO Plugin by MyBloggerLab

Saturday 12 November 2016

, , ,

A Bride From Moon (Dance of Lord #1) - Neel Aruna C Review

Share
Book Cover Source: Goodreads
Hello Readers...I hope you are having a great time reading all the new books coming up.

Today I am going to review a book from another debutante author Neel Aruna C. Here debut novel A Bride From Moon is her first book in the series Dance of Lord. I would like to mention here that I got this book via goodreads giveaway program.

So lets begin the review with a brief synopsis of the book:

"

With cold-blooded memories of childhood, Vishwa leads a normal life as a government employee. But destiny does not allow him to be a common man. What will you do when a goddess from the sky fall in your hands? Yes. It happens to Vishwa on a full moon night.

As a guy with a sad history and the goddess with a hunting mystery meet, the ride begins. The ride of love, fantasy and action...

"

I must say I was taken by surprise how the book turn out to be. When I first heard about the book, I was very skeptical about the book. Not a big fan of reading a mythological thriller, I was having very less expectations from this book, but I have to mention that this book did prove me wrong.

Being a debutante, its a nice attempt by the author Neel Aruna C. The back of the book mentions "Frustrated Engineer" but I must say this book surely doesn't looks like its being written by a frustrated engineer.

I think the book could have been better in various aspects. First the narration, there is much more room for improvement in my frank opinion. The beginning of the book started with the mythological aspects. The author could have tried a little more to get more details of this fictional world she has was creating. Don't get me wrong, she has got few details but more details would have been better for readers in visualizing the details.

Also the writing part could have been a little better. Neel Aruna C in her writing was trying to be descriptive rather than been narrative. I feel that instead of expressing the emotions with words, she could have expressed the gestures through actions of her characters. I think that would have been much more relatable to the audience. Given the fact that this is her debut novel, I believed we can slightly overlook this aspect, but still I want you guys to know.

The characters where very well conceptualized and I really like all the characters in the book. Really enjoyed the journey of both the characters throughout the book. The element which got me by surprise is the thriller element which came in the second half of the book. That was the last thing which I could think of before reading this book. Kudos to the author for bring in such a great twist. This surprise element actually grab my intention and made this book interesting to me.

The best thing what I like about this book is the spiritual elements in the book. After few chapters there is a spiritual or rather I should say a mythological narrations which actually gives a gist to the readers what next few chapters of the book will be like. Also I really liked the way Neel Aruna C has linked those spiritual narration with the story. The author earns extra brownie points from my side for this element.

Also I really liked the way the author ended this book. She completed the story yet she created a suspense element which kept the audience hanging on to the cliff. I personally feel that Neel Aruna C should make the second book more sort of thriller rather than the mythological one. Just my frank opinion.

So to sum up, if you are a person who likes reading mythological fiction, then you might give this book a try. Considering the fact this is a debut book of Neel Aruna C, I must say this is a very nice attempt. Yes there are few areas where this book could improve on, but definitely worth considering if you are a mythological fiction reader. To rate this book, I will give this book 3 stars out of 5.

So coming to the question, Will I read the next installment in the series?....the answer will be"It depends". It depends on the ease with which I can get the next installment. So if I get the second book, I might give this book a try. If you want to check the book for yourself, here are the links to the amazon for the same:

India: A Bride From Moon (Dance of Lord #1) by Neel Aruna C

Outside India: A Bride From Moon (Dance of Lord #1) by Neel Aruna C

So, this is my take after reading this book. Do let me know in the comment section what do you feel about the book. Guys if you like this review, do hit the like button and share it among your fellow readers and if you don't, do mention the reason in the comment section below as it will help me to get better and do SUBSCRIBE to the blog to get all the reviews right into your mail box.

So until next time, this is me Sushant signing off. You guys have a great day.

CIAO.



0 comments:

Post a Comment