Copyrights @ Journal 2014 - Designed By Templateism - SEO Plugin by MyBloggerLab

Friday 29 April 2016

, , , ,

An Honorable Man - Paul Vidich Review

Share
Book Cover Source: Goodreads.com

An "Honorable Man" by "Paul Vidich" is a cold war spy thriller set in 1950 Washington DC. In his debut novel "Paul Vidich" takes the readers back into the past and drops them into 1953 where the two superpowers takes on each other to prove their supremacy over the other.

A Soviet mole has penerated the CIA, causing missions to fails and agents to die. The CIA has named it protocol and a CIA agent named "George Muller' must uncover him. Mueller is frustrated with his double life of living in Washington DC where a honorable man cannot live and that of a coveted spy. He has no friends due to the kind of profile he has to keep for his work. Mueller starts putting back the pieces which could possibly land him to the traitor who has turned against the CIA only to find the traitor who he was searching for was someone who was close to him.

Before reading this book I was pretty excited as the cover of the book as well as the story looked appealing. A spy thriller book that too based in the cold war era, the concept was great. I had huge expectation before starting the book but soon all those expectations started shattering as I started reading the book. Don't get me wrong, the book was written nicely, the characters were good, the entire plot description was nice, but still I couldn't connect with the book from the start. I guess that might be due to the transitions were the book was actually struggling.

The beginning as well as the middle section of the book lack that elegance and the excitement which a thriller novel should generate. This book did got my attention as the end was approaching but still not of much use. I really like the end and it was the only portion of the book which I could read again if some one asks me to.

So if I have to rate the book I will give it 2.5 stars out of 5. In my frank opinion, this book didn't do much a good. It could have been much better considering the it is a spy thriller and that too based in the Cold War period. The author just couldn't capitalize on to the concept. Quiet sure I won't be recommending this book to anyone. Still if you want to give a try you can buy the book from here:

India: An Honorable Man - Paul Vidich

Outside India:  An Honorable Man - Paul Vidich

So, this is what I feel after reading this book. Do let me know in the comment section how do you feel about the book. Guys if you like this review, hit the like button below and if you don't like it, do vote it down and mention the reason in the comment section below as it will help me to get better and do SUBSCRIBE to the blog to get all the reviews right into your mail box. So until next time, this is me Sushant Sawant signing off. You guys have a great day.

CIAO.

An Honorable Man - Paul Vidich
Reviewed by Sushant Sawant
Rating:2.5



0 comments:

Post a Comment