Copyrights @ Journal 2014 - Designed By Templateism - SEO Plugin by MyBloggerLab

Friday 8 April 2016

, , , , ,

Windmills Of The Gods - Sidney Sheldon Review

Share


Windmills of the Gods is a political thriller from a veteran author Sidney Sheldon. Being a follower of Sidney Sheldon's work, I was pretty excited and enthusiastic before reading the novel and now when I have finished the novel, here are my views on this novel.

The story starts with the appointment of the new United States president. Upon taking the office, optimistic president Paul  Ellison promises and launches 'people-to-people' program for strengthening the ties between United States of America and the Iron Curtain countries. For this he was on hunt for naming an ambassador to Romania. Instead of selecting an experience diplomat for such a crucial position, Ellison names Kansas State University Political Science professor Mrs. Mary Ashley as United States ambassador to Romania.

Mary Ashley takes up the challenge of being an ambassador but soon realizes that she has been targeted in a conspiracy and while trying to do best for her country, she attracts a mysterious assassin at her back.
  
The character description is pretty good. The content of the book is quite amazing and exciting. The entire story development is pretty good. While going through the book, my mind was often "Sheldonised". There were various interesting surprises in the book which completely took me of guard. The entire story and the characters in the books are quite compelling and keeps the readers on their toes.

However what I don't like is that the beginning was quite slow paced. At one point in the beginning, I event thought of dropping the book because of the slow beginning but still managed to continue with the book. And I am very thankful that I made that decision. I would have surely regretted if I had dropped the book in the beginning. Also the story has lot of jumping between the characters and the situations. Don't get me wrong, it is not difficult to keep a tab of the entire scenario but for me personally, the author 'Sidney Sheldon' could have done a little better in that aspect.

I would rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. For me personally it is a must have book in your collection if you are avid Sidney Sheldon reader. One must definitely read this political thriller. It is worth your time and the money you are investing in your book. I will leave a link to amazon below, just in case if you want to buy this book.

Buy the book from here:



Folks if you want such reviews coming up, DO SUBSCRIBE. Also let me know in the comments section below what's your take on this book. Also let me know, how do you feel about the review and any suggestions for improvement. This is me Sushant Sawant signing off. You guys have a great day.

CIAO.


Windmills of the Gods - Sidney Sheldon
Reviewed by Sushant Sawant
Rating:4



0 comments:

Post a Comment