Copyrights @ Journal 2014 - Designed By Templateism - SEO Plugin by MyBloggerLab

Friday 22 April 2016

, , ,

The Glass Ceiling - Julie LaVoie Review

Share
Book Cover Source: Goodreads.com

The Glass Ceiling is a dystopian written by Julie LaVoie. I would like to express my gratitude to the author Julie LaVoie for providing a copy of this book for the review and I am very thankful that I did read this novel.

The Glass Ceiling is a story of a sixteen year old girl name Heart or commonly known by her number 120. Heart escapes mines only to find herself in to bigger prison. A prison or a transparent dome controlled by a blatant man "Guardian". Due to her rebellious nature and a thirst to seek freedom she puts herself against the biased and patriarchal world which the Guardian has created, Heart seeks way to escape this dome and make all the people residing in the dome realize the joy of being free. She takes help of the people who wished to be free and eventually stumbles upon the door which leads her out of the dome. When her friends are held captive and her freedom arms away, Heart must decide between taking the freedom she desperately wanted or saving her friends live and making the entire people free form this patriarchal dome.

The story was pretty intriguing and kept me interested to finish the book. The character description is pretty good. The story development was nice and it kept me wondering which new twist would be coming up as I keep reading further. I am pretty sure that you won't be able to drop this book in the middle without finishing it as the story is fast paced and new twists keeps on coming making it an interesting read. I was so connected that I could barely keep this book out of my mind.

However, I find it difficult to sense the passage of time as days were passed and I was completely caught off-guard. Also it was weird, how a sixteen year old girl pick a lock in her first attempt. It was kinda strange thing which were happening which distracted me slightly.

So if you are looking for a dystopian young adult novel which you can't keep it down, you should definitely have a look at this one. So if I have to rate this novel, I will give it 4 out of 5 stars. I will also leave down link to amazon, if you want to buy it.

Buy the book from here:

India: The Glass Ceiling by Julie LaVoie

Outside India: The Glass Ceiling by Julie LaVoie

Let me know in the comments section below whats your take on this book if you have read it already. And do comment on things which you like or don't like about this review. Any suggestions will surely be appreciated.

With this, this is me Sushant Sawant signing off. You guys have a great day.

CIAO.


The Glass Ceiling - Julie LaVoie
Reviewed by Sushant Sawant
Rating:4



0 comments:

Post a Comment