Copyrights @ Journal 2014 - Designed By Templateism - SEO Plugin by MyBloggerLab

Saturday 13 August 2016

, , ,

Grey (Covenant Of Shadows Book #1) - Kade Cook Review

Share
(Book  Cover Source: www.goodreads.com)

Hello Readers...

Sincere apologies for coming with a post so late after the last post because of bad health issues. I will try to be consistent and thanks for bearing with the absence.

First I would like to express my gratitude to Mr.Aaron Hughes of "Rambunctious Ramblings Publishing Inc"  for providing a copy of this book for review. Here is a brief synopsis and a video trailer to begin with the review.

" All the truths of her life were born from the promise of a lie. A lie that could change everything. Gabrian Shadwell studied hard and kept her nose to the grindstone in order to live the successfully full-life most humans strive forThe problem is, she isn't exactly human: she can see auras...and she yearns to devour them - she is comprised of the things nightmares are made of. With her eyes opened to the truth of her Borrower heritage, her chaotic journey of self-discovery takes her down a dangerous road when the tainted eyes of the self-righteous Elders in the Realm turn against her. With good and evil before her, she must choose which path she will walk upon and learn the biggest truth of her life. The only difference between a Borrower and a Vampire is hope..."



First thing first, the cover of this book looks fascinating. The picture of a raven on a grey background image looks cool and attractive. The cover of this book will surely grab the attention of many in the book store.

Coming to the concept of the book. I must say... really liked the concept of this book and it reminded me of the Twilight series. Kade Cook effectively manages to create her synergistic mystical magical world where constant plot twists are happening. I was very excited when I found about the theme of this book, however my excitement quickly faded away.

The characters in the book feels genuine to me and are actually interesting. Kade Cook has done an immensely great job in creating her characters and the entire magical world. She also managed to keep the chapters of the book short, making it easier for her readers to stay with story until the end. Kudos to her for that. Her narration is also good. I could connect with the characters because of her excellent narration. The last 100 pages is actually the best section in the entire book. Lots of twist and revelations happening making this book an interesting read.

Coming to the things which bothered me...

The beginning of this book seems fragmented to me. It took me around 3-4 days just to get through first 100 pages of the book. I was constantly trying to figure what was actually happening and where the story was heading. After the first 100 pages however, the story of this book started to make sense. I feel that Kade Cook actually tried to throw in much more details regarding her magical world and the characters which actually made the beginning of the book slightly confusing for her readers. However. her writing and the narration is simply amazing. I could actually feel a sense of mystical aura creating in my head. So kudos to Kade Cook for that.

The second thing which bother me is the transition of the story. Don't get me wrong here, Kade Cook has written and narrated this novel very well when you consider individual chapters, but when you look at the transition of the story, i.e. transitioning the story from one chapter to the other, she seemed to be struggling. I was seriously hoping that this thing was happening at certain places, but I could feel that at many places throughout the book.

With slightly better transitioning, this books could be a lot better as compared to the current state. Also, a better beginning will make this book an easy and interesting books to the readers. So, if ask to rate the book, I will give it 3 out of 5 stars. So will I read the next book in the series? I might give it a try if I find the synopsis of the book interesting. If you wanna grab a copy of this book, I will leave a direct link to the amazon down below:

India: Grey (Covenant of Shadows Book #1) by Kade Cook

Outside India: Grey (Covenant of Shadows Book #1) by Kade Cook

So, this is what I feel after reading this book. Do let me know in the comment section what do you feel about the book. Guys if you like this review, hit the like button below and if you don't, do mention the reason in the comment section below as it will help me to get better and do SUBSCRIBE to the blog to get all the reviews right into your mail box. To know more about Kade Cook and her recent work you can visit her website: www.kadecook.wordpress.com/

So until next time, this is me Sushant signing off. You guys have a great day.

CIAO.



0 comments:

Post a Comment