Copyrights @ Journal 2014 - Designed By Templateism - SEO Plugin by MyBloggerLab

Thursday 24 November 2016

, , ,

This Can't Be Happening - Neha Singh Review

Share
Book Cover Source: Goodreads
Hello Readers...

At some point in your life you would have surely come across a point where you might be confused about a person as to whether that person is just a friend or is more than a friend. This Can't Be Happening is one such which highlights this aspects. Before beginning with the review, I'll like to express my sincere gratitude to Neha Singh for providing a copy of this book for review purpose.

Here is a brief synopsis of the book followed by video trailer to quickly get you acquainted with the story.

"
When Lavanya decides to pursue her Doctoral degree in biotechnology little does she know that her life will entangle itself with people who will awaken in her new levels of consciousness about the meaning of friendship, true love, sacrifice, jealousy, pain and above all about the crests and troughs that accompany the whole process of research. She is in for a lot of new surprises and a journey riddled with a search for the many meanings of love and friendship impacted by a haunting and mysterious past. The secrets which torment her at times, but the ones she tries to keep at bay with the help of her sould buddy Shreya. Shreya has plans of her own for Lavanya, trying to fix her with a lobster (you need to read it know it) and eventually introduces Siddhartha aka Sid to her. Will Lavanya find her love in Sid? Will she be able to fulfill her quest for a cause that is very important to her? Will she finally be able to overcome her worst thoughts about herself? All this and dash of friendship, sibling's love and the thought process of the youth of today has been put together in a simply crafted story.

This can't be happening!!!!! Or is it?

"



As stated in the synopsis, "This Can't Be Happening" is a story of young girl Lavanya and her life and her struggle with her thoughts. The theme of the book is pretty simple but the story is very interesting.

This book is about friendship and love. The transitioning of Lavanya and Siddharth's friendship to love. Pretty good and simple theme which many of us will relate to very easily as everyone surely would have gone through this feeling.

Neha Singh has used a pretty simple language.which actually gives this book a very casual vibe when you start reading it. The narration is also pretty interesting and I really liked the way Neha Singh kept a level of excitement and element of surprise as she keep reminding the reader about Meera almost in every chapter. This actually kinda keep you hook you to the story and forces you to reading the story further to know more about the surprise element.

One more interesting thing about the book is that Neha Singh frequently keeps mentioning about the Science. Being an engineering student myself, I really loved this aspect. Even if you don't belong to the scientific community, Neha Singh has explained those processes in a fun and interesting way which will actually give you a taste of what a research scholars usually does. Kudos to Neha Singh for bringing in such interesting element. The best thing about the book which I really liked and used to eagerly wait after reading few pages is the frequent poems which I am quite sure many of you will love it. These poems actually gives this book a more personal perspective and lets the reader connect with the story immediately. Here is the poem I liked the most which actually explains the entire book in just few lines and which I keep reading it frequently,

Soulmate

From the moment I laid my eyes on you.
I felt I knew you.
I knew you would understand me.
I knew you would feel me,
from the moment I laid my eyes on you,
I knew you.

As my heart craved for you,
I hoped to be part of you,
I wanted to be the reason for your smile,
I wanted that all the while,
To see a tear in your eyes,
Would always make me sigh,
I knew I could not have you, but from the moment
I laid my eyes on you,
I felt I knew you.

I waited for you,
I knew I was made for you.
But when you said the words to me,
I could not believe it to be true,
I asked you to repeat the tune,
And when you said the magical words,
I finally realized it to be true.
From the moment I laid my eyes on you,
I felt I knew you, and now you know it too,
I was born for you...

The story is actually narrated in the first persons perspective. The perspective being of the central character Lavanya. In this story you will come across many characters but the actually story revolves around few selective characters such as that of Lavanya, Siddharth, Shreya, Gautam and Sona. And yes (I almost forget to mention)....this book also has a very important social message which I feel everyone should abide by. To know more about this message and about the Meera, you will have to read the book. I won't ruin that surprise element by mentioning it here.

Like I said, there were minor characters which were frequently mentioned while the story kept rotating around the central characters. I couldn't connect with the these minor characters as I connected with the central characters as very little information was given about these minor characters. Also you will surely enjoy the beginning as well as the end of the book, but the middle section of the book actually dropped the pace of the entire story. I would have loved if the middle section had few plot twists which will surely have made this story a little more interesting.

Still this book is very interesting and definitely a goodread. I thoroughly enjoyed myself reading this book and was hooked on to this book. To give you an idea as to how much I was hooked to this book, I was having my end semester exams for the past two weeks. Whenever I was taking breaks from my studies, I was immediately picking this book up and was reading it.

So if you are a person who is looking to read a simple, interesting and very nicely little story with few plot twists, them I think you should definitely read this book. I am quite sure, you will love this book. To rate this book, I will give this book 4.5 stars out of 5.This is a very beautiful book and worth reading I will surely recommend this book to all my friends and family. Here are the direct links to the amazon from where you can get this book:

Amazon India: This Can't Be Happening by Neha Singh

Amazon US: This Can't Be Happening by Neha Singh

So that't it for today. Hope you have liked this review. If you do then do hit the like button and share it around. If you too write poems just like the author Neha Singh, then do post your poems in the comment section below I would love to read all your poems. Do SUBSCRIBE to the blog to get all the new posts about new books right into your mail.

So until next time, this is me Sushant signing off. You guys have a great day.

CIAO.



0 comments:

Post a Comment