Copyrights @ Journal 2014 - Designed By Templateism - SEO Plugin by MyBloggerLab

Saturday 25 February 2017

, , ,

Barking Madness - Ryan Hill Review

Share
(Book Cover Source: Goodreads)

Hello Readers...

Extremely sorry for taking so long to review this book....but you will surely know the reason of that as you continue reading this post till the end. The book which we are reviewing today is Barking Madness written by Ryan Hill. I would like to express my sincere gratitude to Ryan Hill for sending in  a copy of this book for review.

So lets quickly take a look at the synopsis and start with the review.

"

My life is crumbling away before my eyes while I do nothing to prevent it. I have visited many funerals, for too many friends who haunt my dreams. Everybody dies eventually, right? No everybody dies young when they befriend me. Was I born to die young? I don't think so. I'm the only one here with the nerve to stay alive. I can't be left alone. Not with that hollow man, the one who hides his face. That's what he wants, me to be alone, because once I'm alone he's going to kill me!

Seventeen year old Rosetta Harper is plagued by nightmares of a masked man. With her father's new career move, her family has just relocated from Florida to the small New England town of Ashwood. A quiet town and close-knit community where you know your neighbors, and trouble is a word unspoken. But soon after her arrival, her world and the worlds of her classmates come crashing down.

Michael hates his family and feels alone and unloved. He only finds comfort when he's with his friend, but even they get on his nerves. Everything about Ashwood and his life bores him, until Rosetta Harper moves into town. With her as a new classmate, Michael finally gets the excitement he was looking for, but it may be too high a cost.

"

The first thing that grab my attention was that this book is around 490 pages long. I was really skeptical whether anyone will pick this book and read....but then decided to give it a try. When I finally started reading...I really liked the fact that Ryan Hill was starting the story slowly which is actually quite good....given the fact that he can write a stellar story since he has 490  pages to write and narrate the story in a beautiful fashion.

That was the case till I completed reading half the book. I really loved how he went about reading and narrating the story and was attached to the story. However, after a while Ryan Hill started incorporating more elements into the story which actually started making the story complex for the readers. This is were things started going south.

In the beginning of the story, I was so much into the story because of the beautiful characters and nice writing and narration. I also liked the paced with which Ryan Hill was advancing the story. The transitions were between the chapters and within the chapters were smooth and steady. The language and the vocabulary used were nice and easy making the story appealing to Non-English speaking audience as well.

After the first half, Ryan Hill started adding so many elements into the story....that i became difficult to cope up with the story. I felt like the attention to details was lacking. The way Ryan Hill was twisting the plot if felt like I was reading a complete different book altogether....especially towards the end. After completing the book....I felt like I had two different books on the same story line. Just to be sure I didn't have this feeling because of missing on some aspect....so I read the complete book once again....and I had the same impression even after my second reading. Also I felt like somethings were left unexplained till the end of the book which kept me guessing about the occurrence of the entire events in the book.

I really wish....had Ryan Hill kept a simple story line with not too complicated plot twist....this book would have a nice read. Also considering the fact...that he has more than 400 pages to narrate the entire story line....he could have drafted the story in an intriguing fashion.

So to sum up....I felt that this book could have been slightly better. Many people would be having a second thought before picking up this book as reading a 500 pages book is quite intimidating...especially for those people who are not frequent readers. To rate it....I would give this book 2.5 stars out of 5. Still if you want to pick this book...I will leave links to the Amazon from where you can get a copy of this book.

Amazon India: Barking Madness by Ryan Hill

Amazon US: Barking Madness by Ryan Hill

So that's it with today's review. I hope you liked this review. If you do....then don't forget to smash the like button and share it among the reading community. Also don't forget to SUBSCRIBE to get all the new posts right into your mail box. If there is any suggestions for me regarding my way of reviewing....then do let me know in the comments section below.

So until next time....this is me Sushant signing off. You guys have a great day.

CIAO.





0 comments:

Post a Comment