Copyrights @ Journal 2014 - Designed By Templateism - SEO Plugin by MyBloggerLab

Wednesday 31 August 2016

, , ,

The Devil And The Deadly Peace (Tales of Khaga #1) - Sindhura Chamala Review

Share
(Book Cover Source: www.goodreads.com)
Hello Readers...

Before starting with the review, I would like to express thank the author of this book "Sindhura Chamala" for sending in this book for review. Lets starts with the review:

This book belong to the historical fiction thriller genre. Here is a brief synopsis of the book:

" Peace or Death?

The two great nations of Khaga are on the verge of a bloody war. The survival of Jalika, a neutral kingdom in trade with both, is in jeopardy.

After calling the Devil to his kingdom, the King of Jalika has passed away in the dead of the night. His death, a mere week before the Peace events when officials from the two nations were to come together to sign a treaty that will exempt Jalika from the war, has set many wheels in motion.

As Jalika prepares for Peace events under the new ;leadership of the Prince and his wife, all forces converge under the Devil's watchful eyes. Will the seventh day rise on Jalika bearing peace or death?"

The thing that made me start reading this book was the above synopsis. I always have enjoyed reading historical fiction in the past and I was eagerly looking forward to read this one. Since, this is the first book in the "Tales of Khaga" series, I keep a very low expectation, but after reading this book I must say......OHH WAIT!!! not so early. Lets first take a look at how good this book fair in different segments.

I must say, I really like the theme of this book, The concept of war in the ancient world between the two regions and Jalika being on the neutral side and trying for peace activities felt very surreal to me. The characters were very well written and conceptualized. The characters felt very real and genuine to me.

The book is just 198 pages long, with each chapter kept small. This makes it easy for the reader to understand and stay with Sindhura while she is narrating the story. Also the book is kept small, which makes it a quick read which you can finish pretty quickly. The short chapters and the details brought in in each chapter made this book very enjoyable and engaging experience for me.

A book this small can be tricky affair for the write. Narrating the story at the appropriate pace and still getting in the details necessary for the readers can be a daunting task and Sindhura Chamala have just nailed it in this aspect. She was able to get in all the details and I can easily visualize and see the world which Sindhura Chamala was trying to show us.

However, I was left confused and fragmented while going through the beginning. This might be due to the fact that Sindhura was trying to packed and revealed most of the details right in the beginning itself. The mid and the end portion were way better than the beginning in this regard. The  same thing I  felt in regards to the transitioning between the chapters, Sindhura Chamala was struggling in the begging with the transitioning of the story in the beginning, but once all the characters of the story are being disclosed and the exact plot starts unraveling itself, the transitioning between the chapters improved a lot which eventually made the second half of the book better than the first and I found it extremely difficult to keep this book down.

So to sum up, I really liked this book. Yes this book lacks in some aspects, but the beautiful narration and the excellent story line outweighs the cons of this book. Since this being Sindhura Chamala's debut book, we must applaud her for the effort she has put in in creating a very good book. So, if asked to rate it, I will give this book 4 stars out of 5 stars. I will really consider reading the next book in the "Tales of Khaga" series. If you liked this review and are looking to grab a copy of this book for yourself, here is direct link to the amazon.

India: The Devil And The Deadly Peace by Sindhura Chamala

Outside India: The Devil And The Deadly Peace by Sindhura Chamala

So, this is what I feel after reading this book. Do let me know in the comment section what do you feel about the book. Guys if you like this review, hit the like button and if you don't, do mention the reason in the comment section below as it will help me to get better and do SUBSCRIBE to the blog to get all the reviews right into your mail box. To know more about Sindhura Chamala and her recent work you can visit her website: /www.sindhurachamala.com/

Before you guys leave and head to amazon, here is a beautiful excerpt from the book which I personally liked:


" They call me the Devil in the Dark. His invisible assassin you don't see coming. And I'm here now on his call, but he is no more".


So until next time, this is me Sushant signing off. You guys have a great day.

CIAO.








0 comments:

Post a Comment